Friday, August 27, 2010

More on dieting

I'm not really sure what I need to do to continue losing weight. My last weigh in was a week after the one I previously wrote about. I was under my 1600 calorie limit every single day and I had barely lost any weight (only .2 of a lb) after a week.
I don't even want to weigh myself after Wednesday. I decided to use the special occasion card (our 4 year anniversary) and we went to Famous Dave's. The only meat I had really been craving before going vegetarian was ribs. So Mike suggested it and it sounded fun. I got some ribs and he got all you can eat chicken wings. Whenever I went there in the past, I would eat the sides and stuff first, so I take the good stuff home. So I ate my sides and a few ribs. I had one glass of water and wasn't feeling like I was going to burst, so I ordered a slice of pecan pie. Little did I know, one "slice" is actually a quarter of the pie. And Mike won't touch the stuff. So she brought out this pie, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a ton of whipped cream. I ate a bit of the center and Mike helped me with the ice cream. Then, when she brought me a container, the waitress included ANOTHER cup of ice cream!
So yesterday, I had ribs for breakfast and pecan pie for lunch. Although I ate the pie at 11:45, I forced myself not to eat anything for the rest of the afternoon. Then I made Mike his dinner and he wanted to go out. So I ended up drinking a glass of chocolate milk while I made his dinner and didn't eat again until almost nine. I had a pb&j. So technically, I wasn't too much over my limit. Unlike Wednesday.
Exercising would be so much easier if I had friends. I spend every day alone with the dogs, basically waiting for Mike to get home from work. I really don't have any inspiration to shower and go outside. I hate walking the dogs together. Chester pulls and Chiquita wants to just meander slowly.
We live at the top of a hill, so bike riding is really annoying. I can't go anywhere interesting without worrying about going down a hill. This is due to the fact that when I was nine, I was riding my bike down a hill, misjudged a curb and landed on my face. I blacked out and had to go to the emergency room so they could push 3 of my front teeth back into place and stitch up my lip. I panic whenever I go down hills, now. Also I've been nearly hit crossing at effing crosswalks so many times I don't even want to go near main roads anymore. Why I own a bicycle, I have no idea. I suppose it was because it was super cute.
I'm just full of excuses. It's not like I want to lose weight for shallow reasons. I mean, yeah, I'd love to not feel like a giant monster when I see myself in pictures with my short, 125 lb boyfriend and I'd love to go to pool parties with his family and actually swim. But I don't want to get diabetes and I really want a safe pregnancy when we're ready. My mom has sleep apnea and was diagnosed with asthma last year. My paternal grandma has arthritis of the back (among many things) and even though she's only 74, she's given up and is ready to die. I have a feeling I have polycysistic ovarian syndrome and one of the main causes is obesity.
I don't know why exercise and eating raw fruits and veggies is so difficult for me. It's times like this when I miss having a best friend. I miss the support and the impulsive hangouts. If I had someone to exercise with me (Mike doesn't want to) every day, or even every other day, I would work hard because I'd have to. Right now, the only person I'm disappointing is myself, which I'm pretty used to by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment